Listen First Means Business
Enhancing Employee Engagement, Skills and Performance
Championing Civil Discourse in America
Listening is a critical skill in business, and yet it is one of the most commonly overlooked drivers of economic results. Organizations with a Listen First mindset have employees who are more engaged, committed, team-oriented, and productive, and customers who remain loyal. Most tangibly, organizations who foster a positive listening environment show gains in sales and net income.
Listen First Project offers engaging employee workshops tailored to your team to:
- Discover what Listen First means to your employees and how these attitudes can build your team around a common set of core principles;
- Learn effective listening techniques and specific behaviors that drive results;
- Practice the skills necessary to become a Professional Listener; and
- Engage employees beyond the workshop by infusing communications with Listen First principles that foster a positive team listening environment.
- Enhanced engagement, commitment, collaboration, and innovation;
- Firms that communicate effectively are over 4 times more likely to report high levels of employee engagement versus firms that communicate less effectively.
- Companies that are highly effective communicators are 20 percent more likely to experience lower turnover rates than their peers.
- 87% of employees who experience incivility at work say it negatively impacts their job performance. 24% of all Americans have quit a job because of an uncivil workplace.
- Increased effectiveness communicating with customers and stakeholders;
- 53% of Americans have stopped buying from a company because of uncivil representatives
- 68% of customer loss is caused by an attitude of indifference
- Elevated organizational performance
- Companies that communicate effectively have a 19.4 percent higher market premium than companies that do not.
- Shareholder returns for organizations with the most effective communication were over 57 percent higher than were returns for firms with less effective communication.
Opportunities to Engage
- Individual Listen First Means Business workshops
- Annual Listen First Means Business package of multiple workshops across or within teams
- Annual Listen First Business membership to support and champion civility in America
- Be recognized as an official Listen First Business
- Strengthen brand and market position as champion of respect and understanding across divides (Civility in America survey found that many people put responsibility on employers to improve civility in society)
- Establish your business as a civic leader in your community
- Combine corporate philanthropy, cause promotion and corporate social marketing
Graham Bodie, PhD
VICE PRESIDENT: TRAINING
Email Patrick@ListenFirstProject.org to discuss how Listen First Project can partner with your business
Inc.: Why the Best Leaders Always Listen First
Business Insider: Successful people listen first and never stop listening
Harvard Business Review: If You Want People to Listen, Stop Talking
Forbes: Why Most Leaders Need to Shut Up and Listen
Harvard Business Review: In a Difficult Conversation, Listen More Than You Talk
Business Insider: CEO says listening is the single most important and underrated skill in business
Harvard Business Review: Listening to People
Harvard Business Review: What Great Listeners Actually Do